Men- When your significant other says she doesn’t want anything for Valentine’s Day, she is LYING. She is a big big fat liar and you shouldn’t listen to her. Don’t have a lot of money to spend? Me either. There are lots of free options on this list.
1. Print out your favorite picture of you two and write at least 5 things you love about them on the back. (this one cost 27 cents and she will love it)
2. Buy her flowers. Who cares where they come from, she won’t be able to tell the difference.
3. Pay attention to things she says she wants throughout the week. Girls want stuff 24/7. Don’t ask her, just listen when she is talking. Things that I’ve mentioned I want to family and friends in the last 24 hours: running shoes, car charger, cinnabon cinnamon roll… You get the point.
4. Make her breakfast & dinner. (If you already to this- make something heart shaped)
5. Give her more kisses than usual.
6. Make a coupon book filled with things like: good for 1 back-rub, designated driver for the night, 1 romantic movie night, and whatever else she likes. (THIS IS MY FAVORITE- and its free!) Then whenever she wants, she can use the coupon. Women, this is a perfect one to give to men too!!
7. You can never go wrong with a Mani/Pedi gift certificate.
8. You can also never go wrong with a love playlist made just for her.
9. Starbucks waiting for her when she wakes up.
10. Stalk her Pinterest. Either buy or attempt to make her something that she has recently pinned. (If it turns out bad its the thought that counts)
Women- Some men really probably don’t care if you get them anything or not, but I always feel weird receiving and not giving. Plus it’s so fun to give gifts! So here are some ideas for you, too. (This list was actually a lot harder to make than I thought it would be)
1. Money clip. Amazon has cool ones for cheap, they also have two day shipping- so it will get here in time.
2. Purchase his fishing license for the year.
3. Make him a “man bouquet”
(ideally it should look something like this)
(mine turned out like this and he was still pleased)
4. Six-pack of his favorite beer.
5. You in lingerie.
6. Write him a list of reasons why he is your best friend on a paper that will line a mason jar, then fill the middle with his favorite candy.
7. Make him a heart shaped hamburger. (I also think this is an amazing idea for women too, men)
8. The coupon book idea.
9. If you have kids- have them make Valentine’s themed drawings. Hang them all over the fridge before he wakes up.
10. Personalize something for him. A golf ball, keychain, pillow, beer glass, pocket knife, shot glass, coffee mug. The list is endless. Etsy is your best friend for this!! I guarantee anything you could ever want to give is on there with a personalization option.
The most important gift you can give your love this Valentines day, whether you have been together for years, or just two weeks– is to let them know you special they are, and how much they mean to you. Express your feelings towards one another and show your romantic side– that’s what Valentine’s Day is for!